Thursday, October 18, 2007

Article in The Capital Times - Madison

Doug Moe: Beatle sighting? Nah, it's Olie

Doug Moe 10/18/2007 10:54 am

ONE OF my favorite kind of stories is the celebrity sighting in an unlikely place.

It's probably because I have received so many calls over the years about one famous person or another being spotted in Madison. They often turn out not to be true, though not always.

Either way, it's fun to watch the stories take on a life of their own, which they seem to do even more now that everyone is text-messaging and blogging.

Which brings us to Paul McCartney and Wausau.

Tuesday afternoon, Jane Reynolds, a Madison native living in the Twin Cities, contacted me saying she'd read in a blog on madison.com that McCartney, the rock music legend, might have been in Wausau last week.

"Was he?" Reynolds asked.

It was the first I had heard of it, and I decided to try to check it out. Read entire article

No comments: